May 28, 2010

a place to start


Recently I was introduced to "My Year of Mixtapes" - by Chicago DJ Chrissy, who just finished creating one mix a week for a full year. http://yearofmixtapes.blogspot.com/ If you were at all conscious during the 90's you have to check out Week 21 (Oct 2009) for '90's Dance Pop. You might have to blast it in private to hide your shame, but you will definitely dance to it. You don't have to lie to kick it, you love it. I am also digging week 52 "Boogie" for some background sauteing music.

Why am I telling you this? I can't cook an inspired meal without getting in the groove. It takes a delicate balance of comfy clothes (what a sexy joy I am to live with - it is a rarity to see me at home in anything but lounge pants and my Buckaroo t-shirt) and the perfect tunes.

Whatever your music of choice may be, I challenge you to crank it up and create a delicious meal. Begin the path to a positive relationship with food and your body by cooking nourishing meals that you love. It is a place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment